NOMINATION for the York Public Interest Research Group Board of Directors is open to any OPIRG member, as long as the nomination is supported by at least 15 member signatures. All York students who have paid their student fees and not opted out of OPIRG York’s levy fee are members of OPIRG YORK and eligible for nomination. Community members may run for the board as well; a community member is anyone who pays their dues ($3-20 sliding scale) and signs the community membership form.
- Thursday April 18th to Thursday April 25th
-Nomination forms are attached below, or can be picked up from the OPIRG office (Rm C449, Student Centre) starting at 10:00 a.m, on Thursday April 18th.
- The election of the board shall happen at the Annual General Meeting (AGM) of OPIRG YORK, to be held on Thursday May 9th at 2:00, in room 307 of the First Student Centre.
- Each candidate will be given a few minutes to speak to why they would be good candidates for the position.
- The polling station will be open for 1 hour during the AGM, and 1 hour after its completion.
- Nominees will have an opportunity to provide a brief statement about themselves prior to the voting.
For more questions and inquiries please contact Manisha Joshi-Vijayan, OPIRG York Chief Returning Office (CRO) at email@example.com. Copies of the nomination form and more information about OPIRG York are available in the OPIRG York office, room C449 Student Centre.